Hotel Rewards Program Ratings Methodology
Our travel experts have developed a proprietary formula to evaluate hotel rewards programs. Our methodology looks across five key criteria in order to assess a program’s competitiveness:
♦ Hotel Network ♦ Program Value
♦ Ability to Earn Points ♦ Elite Benefits
♦ Ability to Use Points
The weightings of each of these criteria can be found to the left. Additionally, we evaluate a number of factors that comprise each of these core criteria, including the following:
- Geographic Coverage: How many countries does the program operate in?
- Size of Network: How many hotels are in the program?
- Brand Diversity: How many brands are in the program?
- Earning Points at Hotels: How many ways are there to earn points for hotel spend?
- Earning Points at Partners: How many ways are there to earn points for partner spend?
- Reward Choice: What types of hotel and partner rewards are available?
- Point Flexibility: How flexible or restrictive is it to redeem points?
- Reward Attainability: How quickly can one redeem points for rewards?
- Tier Requirements: What is required to earn status, and the rules around doing so?
- Tier Benefits: What perks and privileges are available at each elite tier?
- Average Value per $1 USD hotel spend: The approximate return on spend for a base and elite member.
- Incremental value with Hotel Rewards Credit Card: The additional value realized when using the program’s credit card.
We understand that hotel rewards programs are quite complicated and feel confident that our methodology will assist travelers in understanding, selecting and utilizing them.
For any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to Contact Us.