7 Best Winter Hotel Reward Promotions
One of the best ways to earn bonus points toward free nights at your favorite hotels is to take advantage of the different promotions they run throughout the year. Some of them aren’t worth paying attention to, but others can be pretty lucrative.
To help you cut through all the noise, below are some of the best hotel loyalty program promotions that are going on during the first quarter of 2015.
1. Hyatt Stay More Play More
Hyatt’s latest promotion, Stay More Play More, got underway Jan. 15 and will run through April 30, 2015. Gold Passport members are being targeted with different offers based on how much they’ve stayed at a Hyatt property in the last year.
Though you won’t be able to see what your reward is until you enter your Gold Passport membership number, members have reported various rewards on the internet, including:
- 2,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points after your next eligible stay at any Hyatt hotel worldwide
- 5,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points after completing two eligible stays at any Hyatt hotel worldwide
- Up To 20,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points after staying 10 nights with Hyatt
- Up To 65,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points after staying 25 nights with Hyatt
In order to take advantage of this promotion, you will need to receive the offer from Hyatt and register before April 30, 2015.
2. 4,000 Hilton HHonors Points for Hilton Amex Cardholders
Through Feb. 28, 2015, you will earn 4,000 additional HHonors points when you spend $400 or more at a Hilton property and pay with either a Hilton HHonors American Express or a Hilton HHonors Surpass American Express.
The fine print of the offer states that you can only earn the bonus once per card account. If you have both cards, then you will have the chance to earn a total of 8,000 HHonors points.
3. Up to 6,000 Hilton HHonors points with Citi Hilton HHonors Card
If you are a Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve cardholder, then you likely received an email informing you that you could receive an extra 2,000 points when you book a Hilton stay using your card. You can take advantage of this offer three times for a total of 6,000 HHonors points.
In order to participate in this promotion, you need to register before Feb. 21, 2015. Once registered, you will be able to complete your first stay two business days later.
4. Ritz-Carlton’s Double Elite Nights
If you’re looking to get on the fast track to elite status with Ritz-Carlton, then you are going to love its latest promotion, double elite night credits. Through Dec. 31, 2015, Ritz-Carlton Rewards members will earn two elite night credits for each night stay at participating Ritz-Carlton hotels.
With this promotion you can earn silver, gold or platinum status in the following amount of nights:
- Silver: 5 nights
- Gold: 25 nights
- Platinum: 38 nights
5. Marriott Rewards MegaMiles
Marriott recently launched its MegaMiles promotion, which is great for those of you that want to earn extra airline miles. From Feb. 20 through April 30, 2015, you will receive 2,500 bonus miles on every other Marriott stay starting with your second.
Before you will be able to register for this promotion, you’ll need to make sure your Marriott rewards earning option is set to miles. You must register for this promotion by March 31, 2015.
6. Starwood Preferred Guest Double Play
From Jan. 5 through April 15, 2015 you can take advantage of a new promotion for Starwood Preferred Guest members. With SPG Double Play, you’ll receive double Starpoints when you stay two or more eligible nights.
Additionally, you’ll earn 1,000 bonus Starpoints for every five nights that you stay through April 15, up to 4,000 bonus points. In order to participate, you must register for this promotion by March 31, 2015.
7. IHG Rewards Club Set Your Sights
Through April 30, 2015, IHG is giving you the chance to earn up to 50,000 points during its Set Your Sights promotion. You’ll earn points for completing different tasks based on your membership — here’s a sample of the offer that I received in my account:
- 500 points for downloading the IHG app
- 5,000 points for staying three nights from Jan. 1 to April 30, 2015
- 5,000 points for booking two stays directly through IHG
- 5,000 points for a weekend stay
- 10,000 points for staying at two Holiday Inn hotels
- 25,000 points for completing all five tasks
The 50,500 points that you could earn with this promotion could get you a free night at some of the best IHG properties around the world.
Photo credit: Matt_Weibo